Titanic: An IMAX 3D Experience
TITANIC is a 1997 American epic romance and disaster film directed, written, co-produced and co-edited by James Cameron. A fictionalized account of the sinking of the RMS Titanic, it stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson, Kate Winslet as Rose DeWitt Bukater and Billy Zane as Rose's fiancé, Cal Hockley. Jack and Rose are members of different social classes who fall in love aboard the ship during its ill-fated maiden voyage.
Cameron's inspiration for the film was predicated on his fascination with shipwrecks; he wanted to convey the emotional message of the tragedy, and felt that a love story interspersed with the human loss would be essential to achieving this. Production on the film began in 1995, when Cameron shot footage of the actual Titanic wreck. The modern scenes were shot on board the Akademik Mstislav Keldysh, which Cameron had used as a base when filming the wreck. A reconstruction of the Titanic was built at Playas de Rosarito, Baja California, and scale models and computer-generated imagery were also used to recreate the sinking. The film was partially funded by Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox -- respectively, its American and international distributors -- and at the time, it was the most expensive film ever made, with an estimated budget of $200 million.
The IMAX release of TITANIC will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX 3D Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.
Paramount Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox Present A Lightstorm Entertainment Production A James Cameron Film "Titanic" Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Kathy Bates, Frances Fisher, Bernard Hill, Jonathan Hyde, Danny Nucci, Gloria Stuart, David Warner, Victor Garber and Bill Paxton. Music by James Horner. Costume Designer: Deborah L. Scott. Music Supervisor: Randy Gerston. Co-Producers: Al Giddings, Grant Hill, Sharon Mann. Film Editors: Conrad Buff, A.C.E., James Cameron, Richard A. Harris. Production Designer: Peter Lamont. Director of Photography: Russell Carpenter, A.S.C. Special Visual Effects by Digital Domain. Executive Producer: Rae Sanchini. Produced by James Cameron and Jon Landau. Written and Directed by James Cameron.
BMZ User Reviews
Sorry, no BMZ User Reviews yet for this film.
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- BMZ Review: Wild Africa
- IMAX UNVEILS COMPREHENSIVE VIRTUAL REALITY STRATEGY; LAUNCHES LOCATION-BASED INITIATIVE THROUGH PARTNERSHIP WITH STARBREEZE
- GOOGLE AND IMAX PARTNER TO DEVELOP GROUNDBREAKING VIRTUAL REALITY CAMERA
- IMAX CORPORATION TO PRESENT AT THE 17TH ANNUAL B. RILEY & CO. INVESTOR CONFERENCE
- IMAX CORPORATION TO PRESENT AT THE 44TH ANNUAL J.P. MORGAN GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY, MEDIA AND TELECOM CONFERENCE
Most Recent Releases
- Alice Through the Looking Glass: An IMAX 3D Experience
- X-Men: Apocalypse An IMAX 3D Experience
- Captain America: Civil War The IMAX Experience
- A Beautiful Planet
- The Jungle Book: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice The IMAX Experience
- The Divergent Series: Allegiant - Part 1 The IMAX Experience
- 10 Cloverfield Lane: The IMAX Experience
- Zootopia: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Asteroid: Mission Extreme
- Warcraft: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Aircraft Carrier: Guardians of the Sea
- Finding Dory: The IMAX Experience
- Independence Day Resurgence: The IMAX Experience
- The Trolley
- The Legend of Tarzan: The IMAX Experience
- Ghostbusters: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur The IMAX Experience
- Star Trek Beyond: The IMAX Experience
- Suicide Squad: The IMAX Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.