Aliens of the Deep (3D)
Alternate Title(s): Formerly Extreme Life
James Cameron, Academy Award® winning director, deep ocean adventurer, and space exploration visionary, combines his talent and his passions in the digital 3D film ALIENS OF THE DEEP. Cameron takes audiences to the depths of the ocean to encounter some of the strangest life forms on Earth, while inviting us to imagine what future explorers may someday find on other planets.
ALIENS OF THE DEEP presents the highlights of more than 40 dives made to the Mid-Ocean Ridge, a submerged chain of mountains that winds 46,000 miles around the globe and contains mineral-rich volcanic vents with names like Lost City and Snake Pit. These vents spew constant clouds of super-heated water, made dark as smoke by substances sent up from deep beneath the earth’s crust.
The creatures are abundant and very strange, including 6-foot tall worms with blood-red plumes, white crabs, and an absolutely astonishing biomass of blind, white shrimp, all competing to find just the right location in the flow of superheated water – or fry trying.
ALIENS OF THE DEEP gives first-hand insight into Cameron’s passion for exploration, the extreme machines that allow humans to explore the deep, and the possibilities that exist both below and beyond the horizon. Cameron and the mission scientists help us consider the correlations between life under water and the life we may one day find in outer space.
Aliens of the Deep Production Notes
Clips & Trailers:
Aliens of the Deep: Trailer [QT High]
Produced by Walt Disney Corporation, Walden Media, LLC, LightStorm Entertainment/Earthship Productions. Co-directors: James Cameron and Steven Quale. Producer: James Cameron, Andrew White. Creative Producer: Ed Marsh. Executive Producer: Andrew Wright. Director of Photography: Vince Pace. Visual Effects: Chuck Cominksy. Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures.
"Extending a Hand, Hoping a Tentacle Might Shake It" By Stephen Holden, The New York Times (registration req'd)
"Aliens of the Deep" By Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"Aliens of the Deep" By Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter
"Aliens of the Deep" By Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly
"'Aliens' Documentary Has Depth" By Lou Lumenick, New York Post
[PDF] Aliens of the Deep (3D)
BMZ User Reviews
Posted by: Guest
This was absoultely AWESOME!!! It is SO intruiging and interesting! It has really made me think about becoming a marine biologist when I get older! SEE IT!!! FIVE STARS NO DOUBT ... Read More >>
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- IMAX AND PARAMOUNT PICTURES EXTEND LONG-STANDING PARTNERSHIP WITH FIVE-PICTURE AGREEMENT
- BMZ Review: National Parks Adventure
- IMAX AND CINEWORLD GROUP PLC SIGN FIVE-THEATRE AGREEMENT
- IMAX AND AMC THEATRES® SIGN 25-THEATRE DEAL
- IMAX® CHINA AND CHINA MEDIA CAPITAL TAKE NEXT STEPS FOR $50 MILLION CHINA FILM FUND
Most Recent Releases
- Independence Day Resurgence: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Aircraft Carrier: Guardians of the Sea
- Finding Dory: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Warcraft: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows An IMAX 3D Experience
- Alice Through the Looking Glass: An IMAX 3D Experience
- X-Men: Apocalypse An IMAX 3D Experience
- Captain America: Civil War The IMAX Experience
- A Beautiful Planet
- The Jungle Book: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Legend of Tarzan: The IMAX Experience
- Ghostbusters: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Star Trek Beyond: The IMAX Experience
- Suicide Squad: The IMAX Experience
- Ben-Hur: The IMAX Experience
- Sully: The IMAX Experience
- The Magnificent Seven: The IMAX Experience
- The Search for Life in Space
- Earthflight 3D
- The Trolley
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.