Aliens of the Deep (3D)
Alternate Title(s): Formerly Extreme Life
James Cameron, Academy Award® winning director, deep ocean adventurer, and space exploration visionary, combines his talent and his passions in the digital 3D film ALIENS OF THE DEEP. Cameron takes audiences to the depths of the ocean to encounter some of the strangest life forms on Earth, while inviting us to imagine what future explorers may someday find on other planets.
ALIENS OF THE DEEP presents the highlights of more than 40 dives made to the Mid-Ocean Ridge, a submerged chain of mountains that winds 46,000 miles around the globe and contains mineral-rich volcanic vents with names like Lost City and Snake Pit. These vents spew constant clouds of super-heated water, made dark as smoke by substances sent up from deep beneath the earth’s crust.
The creatures are abundant and very strange, including 6-foot tall worms with blood-red plumes, white crabs, and an absolutely astonishing biomass of blind, white shrimp, all competing to find just the right location in the flow of superheated water – or fry trying.
ALIENS OF THE DEEP gives first-hand insight into Cameron’s passion for exploration, the extreme machines that allow humans to explore the deep, and the possibilities that exist both below and beyond the horizon. Cameron and the mission scientists help us consider the correlations between life under water and the life we may one day find in outer space.
Aliens of the Deep Production Notes
Clips & Trailers:
Aliens of the Deep: Trailer [QT High]
Produced by Walt Disney Corporation, Walden Media, LLC, LightStorm Entertainment/Earthship Productions. Co-directors: James Cameron and Steven Quale. Producer: James Cameron, Andrew White. Creative Producer: Ed Marsh. Executive Producer: Andrew Wright. Director of Photography: Vince Pace. Visual Effects: Chuck Cominksy. Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures.
"Extending a Hand, Hoping a Tentacle Might Shake It" By Stephen Holden, The New York Times (registration req'd)
"Aliens of the Deep" By Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"Aliens of the Deep" By Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter
"Aliens of the Deep" By Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly
"'Aliens' Documentary Has Depth" By Lou Lumenick, New York Post
[PDF] Aliens of the Deep (3D)
BMZ User Reviews
Posted by: Guest
This was absoultely AWESOME!!! It is SO intruiging and interesting! It has really made me think about becoming a marine biologist when I get older! SEE IT!!! FIVE STARS NO DOUBT ... Read More >>
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- IMAX® Corporation Bolsters Film Slate In China With Jackie Chan's 3D Action Film Dragon Blade
- John Woo's Epic Two-Part 3D Adventure The Crossing To Charge Into IMAX® Theatres In China
- Second trailer for Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
- New clips from Penguins of Madagascar
- Interstellar Takes Flight At Chinese Box Office, Scoring 2D Record Launch In IMAX® With $6.7 Million
Most Recent Releases
- Big Hero 6: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Interstellar: The IMAX Experience
- John Wick: The IMAX Experience
- Fury: The IMAX Experience
- Breakup Buddies: The IMAX Experience
- Bang Bang!: The IMAX Experience
- Dracula Untold: The IMAX Experience
- The Equalizer: The IMAX Experience
- The Maze Runner: The IMAX Experience
- Forrest Gump: The IMAX Experience
- Penguins of Madagascar: The IMAX Experience
- The Great Apes 3D
- The Crossing: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Exodus: Gods and Kings The IMAX Experience
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies An IMAX 3D Experience
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb The IMAX Experience
- Gone with the Bullets: The IMAX Experience
- Antarctica: On The Edge
- In Saturn's Rings
- Patagonia 3D: Sea Life Haven
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.